WHEREAS www.mangalam.com is a website owned and maintained by Mangalam Publications India Private Limited, a company registered in India under the Companies Act, 1956 (Act 1 of 1956) having its registered office at S.H. Mount P.O. Kottayam 686006, Kerala State, India;
AND WHEREAS the website www.mangalam.com (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Mangalam Website’) is open for access on the internet to the general public;
AND WHEREAS it is necessary to specify and declare the terms and conditions by which the members of the general public may use or access the Mangalam Website;
NOW IT IS HEREBY PUBLICALLY DECLARED AND MADE KNOWN to all users, viewers and readers of the Mangalam Website that they shall access or use the Mangalam website, its content and all services offered through it, subject to the terms and conditions hereinafter stated. All users, viewers and readers of the Mangalam Website are deemed to have duly read and understood the same at the time of use or access of the website and are deemed to have agreed to access, use or view the Mangalam Website, strictly in accordance with the ‘terms and conditions of use’ hereinafter contained.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Copyright, Trademarks and Intellectual Property Rights
Permissions and Restrictions
- Unless otherwise stated, copyright and all intellectual property rights in all material presented on
the site (including but not limited to text, audio, video or graphical images), trademarks and logos
appearing on the Mangalam Website are the property of Mangalam Publications India Private
Limited, its affiliates and associates and are protected under applicable Indian and other laws.
- No person is permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or
play in public, adapt or change in any way the contents of the Mangalam Website and pages for
any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of the Mangalam Publications
India Private Limited.
- Users, viewers and readers of the Mangalam Website agree not to use any framing techniques to
enclose any trademark or logo or other proprietary information belonging to Mangalam
Publications India Private Limited or to its affiliates and associates; or remove, conceal or
obliterate any copyright or other proprietary notice or any credit-line or date-line or other mark
or source identifier included on the Mangalam Website, including without limitation, the size,
colour, location or style of all proprietary marks. Mangalam Publications India Private Limited shall
initiate strict legal action both civil and criminal in case of any violation of copyright, trademark
infringement or unauthorised use of intellectual property.
- Unauthorised use of any material or content in the Mangalam Website shall be deemed to be a
serious copyright infringement and appropriate legal proceedings both civil and criminal shall be
initiated against all persons who violate the copyright and trademark rights of Mangalam
Publications India Ltd.
Personal Information of Users, User Details, Individual Registration, and Data Disclosure
- Mangalam Publications India Private Limited grants the users of the Mangalam Website
permission to access or use the website for personal use alone.
- Users of the Mangalam Website should not directly or indirectly download or print any
content of the Mangalam Website or any portion thereof for copying, publishing,
distributing or otherwise disseminating such content or portions thereof.
- Users of the Mangalam Website are not permitted to resell or put to commercial use any
part of the Mangalam Website or content therein.
- No part of the Mangalam Website may be reproduced, transmitted or stored in any other
web site, nor may any of its pages or part thereof be disseminated in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without prior written permission from Mangalam Publications India Private Limited.
- No user shall make any derivative use of the Mangalam Website or its contents nor use any
data gathering or extraction tools to collect content from the Mangalam Website.
- No user of the Mangalam Website shall mask, obliterate, delete or fail to display any
promotional taglines, captions, logos, emblems or symbols included in the Mangalam
Website either directly or indirectly, except with the express consent of Mangalam
Publications India Private Limited.
- Users are prohibited from using the contents of the Mangalam Website in any manner that
may create an impression that the contents of the Mangalam Website are owned, created
or managed by an entity other than Mangalam Publications India Private Limited.
- Users of the Mangalam Website are prohibited from (whether directly or through the use of
any software program) from regularly or systematically downloading and storing all or any
part of the pages from the Mangalam Website to create an electronic database or
- No user shall use the services provided at the Mangalam Website in any manner that could
damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server of the Mangalam Website or network
connected to such servers, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any
Charges, Subscriptions, Fees and Rates
- Some services featured on the Mangalam Website such as subscriptions, blogs, email,
bulletin boards, contests, shopping etc, may require registration by users. Such registration
would entail submission by users at the Mangalam Website their personal details such as
name, age, sex, date of birth, residential or official address etc. Any user so registering shall
be provided with a user name and password in order to gain access to specialised or paid
services at the Mangalam Website. All such registered users are prohibited from sharing
their user name or password with any other person. Registered users are entirely
responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their passwords. One user name shall be
used only by one registered user alone. A registered user should not permit others to access
the Mangalam Website or any of its services through his or her account. Neither Mangalam
Publications India Private Limited nor any of its employees or staff shall be responsible for
any loss or damages including damage to reputation suffered by any user on account of
unauthorised use of his or her account by third parties.
- All registered users are bound to immediately inform Mangalam Publications India Private
Limited of any unauthorized use of the account of a user or any other breach of privacy or
security. Mangalam Publications India Private Limited will not be liable for any loss that any
user may suffer consequent to any unauthorised use of any account or password. However,
a user may be held liable for losses incurred by Mangalam Publications India Private Limited
or any other legal entity due to such unauthorised use.
- Mangalam Publications India Private Limited reserves the right to remove, delete, ban or
block any registered user who is found to be misusing or abusing the services provided at
the Mangalam Website without notice. In case of such misuse or abuse, Mangalam
Publications India Private Limited may also block all users from the IP address of the
- Mangalam Publications India Private Limited shall make every effort to keep all personal
details collected from registered users at the time of registration strictly confidential. The
information so gathered from registered users or the nature and details of their transactions
at the Mangalam Website shall not be disclosed or shared with any person without due
direction, order or command from any competent court of law having jurisdiction or any
other statutory authority.
- Mangalam Publications India Private Limited reserves its right to refuse service, restrict,
suspend or terminate the account of any registered user. Mangalam Publications India
Private Limited may at its sole discretion deactivate or delete the account of a user and
remove all related information and files connected to that account.
- Any user may terminate his or her account at any time but Mangalam Publications India
Private Limited may retain even after deletion of the account of a user, indefinitely any
information submitted by the user at the time of creation of the account or submitted
during the course of maintaining such account. However such information retained shall not
be disclosed or shared with any person without due direction, order or command from any
competent court of law having jurisdiction or other statutory authorities.
Content, Images, Information or Material Posted at the Mangalam Website
- Although many of the services currently provided at the Mangalam Website are free,
Mangalam Publications India Private Limited reserves the right after giving reasonable
notice, to charge fees or subscriptions for all or any of the products, services or any other
aspects that are currently provided at the Mangalam Website or that may be provided in
Interactions Between Users
- Mangalam Publications India Private Limited may permit its users to post material on its
website subject to certain conditions. All such content including information, data, text,
software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials whether
publicly or privately transmitted / posted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom
such content is originated. Any user who posts on the Mangalam Website or transmits
through the Website any material that contains images, photographs, pictures or material
that are otherwise graphical in whole or in part, then such user is deemed to warrant and
represent to Mangalam Publications India Private Limited that:
- such user is the copyright owner of the images, content or material, or that the
copyright owner of such images, content or material has granted the user
permission to use such images, content or material consistent with the manner and
purpose for which it is used.
- any person depicted in the images, has consented to the distribution, public display
and reproduction of the images of the person.
- the user has valid rights and title in any and all content / images that the user has
submitted, that the user has not infringed any intellectual property rights belonging
to any party and further that the user will indemnify Mangalam Publications India
Private Limited or its affiliates against all claims arising directly or indirectly out of
any content that the user posted on the Mangalam Website.
- Mangalam Publications India Private Limited accepts no responsibility for the
contents posted on the Mangalam Website by users.
- all contents or images or any other matter posted by a user in the Mangalam Website
becomes the property of Mangalam Publications India Private Limited and users who make
such posts are deemed to have agreed to grant / assign to Mangalam Publications India
Private Limited and its affiliates, a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable and
sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative
works from, distribute and display such content, Images or material (in whole or part)
worldwide and / or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now
known or later developed throughout the world.
- At all times any material uploaded by a user shall be subject to relevant laws and may be
removed, disabled or investigated upon direction, order or decree of any competent courts
or authority acting under relevant local laws.
- Any content uploaded by any user that violates any of the terms herein contained shall be
removed without notice by Mangalam Publications India Private Limited.
- Mangalam Publications India Private Limited may provide web platforms for users to
interact and exchange views with each other. The content posted by users on such services will be their individual and personal opinions, views or comments and therefore the
accuracy or nature of such content cannot be controlled or guaranteed by Mangalam
Publications India Private Limited. Users are therefore warned that they may be exposed to
objectionable matter and that Mangalam Publications India Private Limited cannot accept
any liability for such exposure or inconvenience caused. However Mangalam Publications
India Private Limited shall make all efforts to remove or regulate such objectionable content
as soon as they are brought to the notice of Mangalam Publications India Private Limited.
- All persons who use or access the interactive web platforms provided by Mangalam
Publications India Private Limited are prohibited from uploading, posting, or otherwise
transmitting any content or matter that is false, defamatory, abusive, obscene, racial,
scandalous, subversive, blasphemous, pornographic, paedophilic, invasive of another's
privacy, disparaging or likely to cause religious or communal disharmony. Any content
posted by any user that is in the view of Mangalam Publications India Private Limited is
objectionable shall be removed without notice and such user may be banned or blocked
from accessing the Mangalam Website.
- All users of the Mangalam Website are prohibited from creating nuisance for other users
and from committing any act in the nature of cyber stalking or cyber bullying. If any such
complaint is received regarding any user, then Mangalam Publications India Private Limited
shall immediately ban and block the user from accessing the Mangalam Website or any
Alteration of Terms and Conditions of Use
- No user shall host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any
information on the Mangalam Website that:
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to
interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- threatens the unity, integrity, security or sovereignty of India
- adversely affects friendly relations with foreign states;
- affects public order;
- may incite another to commit any cognisable or cognisable offence
- harms minors;
- purports to impersonate another;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- No user may delete from the Mangalam Website any legal notices, disclaimers, or
proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols;
- No User may use the Mangalam Website in any manner that could damage, disable,
overburden, or impair to any server that may be owned or hired by Mangalam Publications
India Private Limited or the networks, or computer systems and resources connected to any
- No user may interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Mangalam Website
Changes In Facilities And Services
- Mangalam Publications India Private Limited may amend or alter the Terms and Conditions
of Use contained herein without prior notice, from time to time at its discretion. Users,
viewers and readers are responsible for reading and understanding the terms and
conditions of use contained herein each and every time they access http://mangalam.com
- Access or use of http://mangalam.com or http://www.mangalam.com after any amendment
or alteration to the ‘terms and conditions of use’ shall constitute acceptance of such
revision, alteration or amendment. However for the convenience of users, viewers and
readers all changes or alterations in the Terms and Conditions of Use may be notified at
- Mangalam Publications India Private Limited reserves the right to revoke, cancel, suspend or
change any of the facilities or services offered through the website http://mangalam.com or
http://www.mangalam.com at any time and without prior notice. However for the
convenience of users, viewers and readers all changes or alterations in facilities and services
may be notified at http://mangalam.com/notices
- The Mangalam Website may contain advertising information or promotion material or other
material submitted by third parties. The responsibility for ensuring that material submitted
for inclusion in the Mangalam Website complies with applicable International and National
laws is the sole responsibility of the party providing such information / material. Any
correspondence or business dealings by users with advertisers other than Mangalam
Publications India Private Limited, including payment and delivery of related goods or
services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with
such dealings, shall not be the responsibility of Mangalam Publications India Private Limited.
Mangalam Publications India Private Limited will not be liable for any claim, error, omission,
inaccuracy in advertising material or any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of
any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Mangalam
Website. Mangalam Publications India Private Limited reserves the right to omit, suspend or
change the position of any advertising material submitted for insertion. Acceptance of
advertisements on the Mangalam Website will be subject to the aforesaid terms and
- None of the provisions of the User Agreement shall be deemed to constitute a partnership
or agency between the user and Mangalam Publications India Private Limited and the user
shall have no authority to bind Mangalam Publications India Private Limited in any manner,
- These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to
the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous
understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
- If any provision of the Agreement is held invalid by any law or regulation of any government,
or by any court, the parties agree that the other provisions of the Terms will remain in full
force and effect.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of India. The Courts of law at Kottayam
District in Kerala State shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising out
of and relating to the use of the Mangalam Website.